NO. 8 HIGHLANDS, CHAMPAGNE VALLEY.
G.P.S. CO-ORDINATES: 29* 01’ 41.79” S, 29* 26’ 04.51” E
From Durban ( only 2.5 hours !)
- Travel along N3 through Mooi River toll .
- Pass Estcourt turnoffs.
- Pass Shell Ultra City and take the exit 194 (Bergville, Colenso, R74) glide off. Turn left (Bergville sign) and proceed for 20km to Winterton.
1km through the town, turn left at the traffic light opposite the Engen garage, onto the R600 central Drakensberg road.
Proceed as *** below.
From Johannesburg ( only 4.5 hours! )
- Travel through Van Reenen’s pass on the N3 through the Tugela toll plaza.
- Take the first glide off after the toll plaza, which is at the bottom of Van Reenen’s pass. Turn left for +-4 km on the N11 and then turn right towards Winterton.
- You will cross the N3 highway.
- At the T-junction (R74), turn left towards Winterton.
- As you enter Winterton, opposite the Engen garage, turn right onto the R600 central Drakensberg road.
Proceed as *** below.Alternative Route
- Over Oliviershoek pass. At Harrismith turn right onto N5 for +-5km. Turn left onto R712 Qwa-Qwa, Bergville road. Left again on Bergville, Oliviershoek pass, through Bergville and on to Winterton. As you enter Winterton, turn right opposite Engen garage on R600 Central Drakensberg road. Proceed as *** below.
- ***Proceed for +-13 km on the R600 to the crossroads at Thokozisa.
- Continue straight for +- 15km.
- You’ll pass The Nest, Champagne Sports Resort, Cedarwood Village Mall on right, Drakensberg Sun turnoff, Dragon Peaks and Drakensberg Boys Choir school on right (big green thatched entrance).
- About 800m past Dragon Peaks on the right hand side you’ll see a little sign “Welcome to Highlands” (aloes at the entrance and signs on the gate.)
- Phone 082 4222846 or 082 6138328 to be let in.
- Proceed straight on the concrete strips and take the FIRST turning to the RIGHT.
- The third house is No 8 !
If you’ve informed us of your expected time of arrival, we’ll be there to meet you !